Thursday, October 4, 2007

Billy Joel

We got tickets to the Billy Joel concert in November! Jeff has seen him in concert but I have not seen him live. Though, as many know, I have met him in person. It was in Milan, Italy while I was on tour with Up with People. I was walking through the "mall" in Milan with my friend, Jaime. She pointed out that we had just passed Billy Joel. I didn't believe her at first. However, Jaime convinced me to follow the man into a CD store. We walked straight up to him and Jaime said, "excuse me sir, but by any chance is your name Billy Joel?" The man replied in a heavy Italian accent "no speaka englese!" He walked off. Being the people Jaime and I are, we proceeded to follow him. We found the man looking at the Billy Joel section of the CD store. We then began to tell him that just in case he was Billy Joel, we wanted to let him know that his music has inspired us, etc, etc. He finally said, "Okay, it's me." We then had a good 20 minute conversation with him. It was absolutely amazing. He was so cool and down to earth. It was definitely one of the highlights of my life.

So the question is...should I try to stalk him again when he comes to Seattle? I wonder if he would remember our run in. Regardless, we are very excited to see his concert!

No comments: